GET YOUR LICENSE
Appraisal Licensing Requirements
An applicant for a California Appraisal license must:
1. Be at least 18 years old;
2. Complete the mandatory 150 hours of appraisal education;
3. Pass the appraisers state exam; and
4. Within one year after passing the state exam, submit an appraisers license application on a form provided by the Office of Real Estate Appraisers along with your issuance fee.
AQB Minimum Real Property Appraiser Qualifying Criteria
(Effective January 1, 2015)
Individuals gaining experience at the AT level must be supervised by a certified licensed level appraiser under the new criteria. No supervisor can supervise more than three trainees.
* In lieu of the Associate Degree, an applicant can complete 30 college semester credits in courses covering specific subject matters: English Composition; Principles of Economics (Micro or Macro); Finance, Algebra, Geometry or higher mathematics; Statistics, Introduction to Computers; and Business or Real Estate Law.
to access the complete BREA Licensing Handbook